Monday, October 12, 2015

Reading Feedback

  • Did the reading come with a Reading Guide? If so, was the Reading Guide helpful? If there was not a Reading Guide, would it help to have one? 




For last weeks reading I decided to focus on the maiden who became a knight. The story talks about how King Drupada begs Shiva for a son to help defeat Drona. Shiva grants his prayer but says he will have a child that would first be a daughter, and then a son. The queen has a child, and she raises the girl as a boy, trusting in Shiva's promise. The queen names her Shikhandini, but she uses the male form of that name instead: Shikhandin. Drupada arranges for Shikhandin to marry a princess, but when the princess's father finds out Shikhandin is really Shikhdanini, he is outraged and threatens to wage war on Drupada.  

Personally, I prefer to read from an actual book so that I can highlight and take notes in the book. When I am reading something online, it is kind of hard for me to follow the story the story or I tend to lose interest because I can't physically engage in the book. I usually just go through the motions, instead of actually paying attention to what I am actually reading.  

Yes the story that I read had a reading guide. The reading guide made it a tad bit easier to actually know what was going on. Also I was able to write up some notes from the reading guide so that I could write up my storytelling post. If there was not a reading guide I think that it would have made it harder for me to actually formulate what I wanted to write about and how I wanted to frame my blog for the week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment