Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Reflections: Looking Forward

Looking Forward I don’t think that I should do anything different than what I am doing right now. As I looked at the grade chart, I am doing well with keeping up with all of the points. I am actually ahead of the grade tracker for the week. So with that being said I think that my strategy for this class is working well for me, even though I don’t have a set day and time to dedicate to the class. 

 I want to actually spend a little bit more time on the readings than I have in the first half of the semester. Because I am usually pressed for time, I would just read the first two or three pages and then write my Reading Diary over what I wrote. It kind of worked out for me, but then again it didn’t because then I wouldn’t know what aspect of the reading I wanted to talk about for that weeks storytelling post. So for the remainder of the semester I want to actually dedicate a little bit more time to the readings. 

I think that instead of  waiting until the next day to do some of the blogs. I should carve out some time to get them done the night that they are due. I think that I take advantage of the fact that we have a grace period and then decide to do the assignment then instead of doing it the night that it is due. So instead of just having one assignment due every night, I have multiple.  

I think for my storytelling posts, I need to spend some time actually editing my posts before I put them on my blog. I get a lot of good comments about my story and how I wrote it, but I also get comments about some grammatical errors and also fluidity of the story. So that is one thing that I want to work on for the remainder of the semester.   



2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time finishing the assignments the day they are due, too. The grace period is just so handy because by the time I actually get around to doing the assignments, I am about to fall asleep! I would also say that even though I have quite a bit more points than what is needed to get an A at this point, I still rather get the assignments due on their due date. That way I don’t have to stress about it in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that you were able to set up a system that works for you. The hardest part of the online class for me was keeping up with the assignments. It seems you do what I do and complete multiple assignments all at once rather than over the course of several days. I cannot help, but feel that many of the suggestions you have for yourself will apply to almost every student.

    ReplyDelete