Sunday, October 11, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 7

This week has been an interesting week by far. First, I was overwhelmed with graduation gear-up, that now it has started to sink in that I will be graduating in 8 weeks. Second, I had a few special tours that I had to do at work this week and each one of them was for students that were in middle school. Third, I went down to Texas for the Red River Rivalry and ended up getting heat exhaustion and having to get put on bed rest. And lastly, This will be one of the biggest weeks for me because I have midterms and papers due this week.  




All in all I feel that so far In the semester it has been interesting to see how all of my classes in a way have intertwined with each other. In my capstone class, one of the books that we were reading about two weeks ago made a reference to the book Mahabharata which I thought was fascinating because the book talked about war and armed conflict. 

I think for this week's storytelling, it was one of my best stories. I really got to channel my inner kid and it shows in the story. Plus I think that the story that I wrote about in a sense deals with image and the way that people perceive your image. The story talked about a girl who grew up as a boy and had to deal with that identity crisis. I think that the story plays a role in what society deems as the perfect image or the perfect body, just by media. I find it interesting that so many little girls are dealing with body issues because they look at the television and don’t see anyone that looks like them. I think that the middle school age is when a lot of kids start to doubt whether or not they are beautiful because that is the time when they are impressionable. I think that everyone is beautiful in their own way and beauty is only skin deep.   



No comments:

Post a Comment