Sunday, September 20, 2015

Famous Last Words (week 4)

Man has this been a week!!! 

First let me say that I made it through the week on 5 hours of sleep. I feel like this was the week, for my mid midterms. 

I had a quiz over Africa for Public Health in Africa class. I had my first exam for the semester in my Native American music class. I had two papers due this week, one of them was 3 page movie analysis for my senior capstone class, and the other paper had to be 500 word mini essay for my Public Health in Africa class. And I also had a quiz in my GEOG class. 

So it was a very overwhelming and stressful week. Let me not forget to mention the meetings that I had to go to this week. I had two meetings for my job, one meeting for CAC Spark team, and one meeting for UPB. 

I literally spent every waking hour I could in the library, and also at Starbucks, to make it through my day. I guess that is the price I have to pay for having all of my classes on Tuesday and Thursday. There are pro’s and con’s to having all of your classes on Tuesday and Thursday. Pros: You get Monday, Wednesday, Friday and the weekend all to yourself (although I work all day Monday and Wednesday and Friday morning). Cons: If you happen to have an exam or a paper due, it will more than likely be on Tuesday or Thursday, which will cause you to stress out until the week is over.
But now that we are approaching a new week, I can take a break for about two weeks and then the stress will begin all over again. But until then I will relax and enjoy these weeks stress-free. 


3 comments:

  1. Jordan, wow, I am relating to you so much right now!! I only have Monday/Wednesday classes and I am stressing! Maybe I need to listen to your picture and get some desserts instead. :)

    Even though it's awful in the moment, there is no better feeling than getting through it all and feeling successful! Such a relief. I hope that this week has been easier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! I actually have a 500 word essay due every Friday because I am in both of her classes right now…. It is draining to say the least. I have noticed the same thing about my classes being all on Tuesday and Thursday. It’s nice because I get it over with, but at the same time, my procrastination comes to bite me in the butt because everything is due at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These past few weeks have felt the same to me! I had two exams and I work seven twelve hour shifts at night in a row and then get seven days off. And just my luck that my week at work had to be the week I had two exams and like three papers due on top of the weekly assignments for this course. You could say I'm a stranger to sleep as well ha! Just keep swimming! Before we know it it will almost be the end of the semester. Hope the rest of your week and semester gets less stressful! :D

    ReplyDelete