Thursday, November 12, 2015

Week 12: Stortelling "My dearest diary"

Dear Diary, October 5th  

The war has begun against Duryodhan! Each day my husbands go out as strong warriors and come back almost broken little boys. I can tell that this war is taking its toll on my dear husbands. I used to lie awake at night painting pictures of different ways that Duryodhan would die. A part of me wants him to have an humiliating death, as he humiliated me, while another part of me just wants him to suffer a painful death. I thought that seeking revenge against Duryodhan would satisfy my hunger for his pain, but instead I am more worried about the well being of my husbands. Essentially I felt as if they were fighting to protect my honor, in which I owe my life to them. However, something else has spark their interest in this war. As I stay back and watch the war unfold I wonder what will become of my husbands. Will the war change them? Will they come back a different person? Will I still have to husbands that I care passionately about? Whichever way their minds decide to lead them, I know that it will not lead them astray.


  

I feel that this war has brung out the truth of people more than anythingAlthough I have expressed my concerns about the war, I do have a confession for you diary. Last night, I decided to take a stroll around the palace to calm my mind for bed. As I was walking the halls, I happen to hear a familiar voice from behind one of the doors. That voice happen to be Karna. Karna was weeping into the lap of Grandfather as if he had committed a horrible crime. As he wiped his eyes he confessed that he was related to my husband's. At that very moment I felt so betrayed. How could the one man that I thought was my best friend, not tell me such news. At the same time a thought came to my mind. I wonder if my beloved husbands knew that Karna was their brother. I will not dispose of this news for I would hate to through my husbands off of their game during the war. Until next time diary, hold my secrets deep in this book.   

Sincerely 
Draupadi 

P.S. On to more sad news. It is with deepest regret that I will have to write this down. Abhimanyu has died.   


Author's Note: This was the week that I got to read about the war that happened between the Pandavas and Duryodhan.One of the things that I thought was interesting while reading this week was the amount of truth that was stated. First Karna had a truth revelation, and he admitted that he was related to the Pandava brothers. It was interesting to see that Draupadi wasnted the war to revenge her opponent that had once embarassed her. Her mind soon changed after that.    

Bibliography 
Book: Palace of Illusions   
Author: Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni  

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jordan. Great story! I really like the diary approach that you have stuck with. You do a great job of making the ready think critically about what is happening in the story and how it would feel to put yourself in their place. Also, I thought that "PS" at the very end was a great cliffhanger. It was well written and very easy to read. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your format as a letter from Draupadi. Your writing does have a lot of little mistakes. For instance, you said “happen to hear” instead of “happened to hear.” Make sure to go back and reread your story for errors. The text underneath your picture is a little difficult to read. Try changing the color of the links. Overall, this was interesting story. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan, firstly I really like how you decided to tell a story through a diary. I’ve not read anything like this yet and it is quite interesting. Showing the struggles and thoughts through this character are relatable and draw the reader in. The post-script note was also a good touch, kind of like an afterthought when speaking to a person or friend. Great job!

    ReplyDelete