Sunday, August 30, 2015

Week 1: What is "curation"?

What is curation?  
I think that this is an interesting theme for exploring more options on how to impersonalize my blog. This would be the first time that I have heard about curation, so I'm excited to start exploring and learning more about it. I am always so quick to bookmark a website that I think is helpful, especially when I am writing a paper, because once my tabs start to become to clustered at the top, it starts to get a tad bit overwhelming to me. I already knew how to bookmark websites and I have folders for specific websites that are in my bookmarks. I think that bookmarking a website has saved me a lot of times when it has come to writing papers.  
I am also one who loves to do a lot of DIY projects for my room and Pinterest has helped me with a lot of ideas. I always that that Pinterest was a app that you go on to purchase clothes or misc. items. However, it is an amazing website for learning life hacks, DIY projects, cooking and much more. Since I love food, I have gotten a lot of different meal ideas for breakfast or dinner from Pinterest. And not to mention, my boyfriend was the one who got me to start getting on Pinterest a lot more. My boyfriend practically gets on Pinterest for about 3 hours every day of the week, So if he likes it and faithfully gets on there everyday, I guess I could give it a chance.  
I am familiar with Twitter, I used to get on Twitter everyday when I first got it now I rarely get on there. The only time I really get on Twitter is during awards shows. Twitter is an amazing way to stay connected to the outside world. Twitter also helps me stay up-to-date with the news and what is going on daily. 



No comments:

Post a Comment